If you are looking for a rewarding job that allows you to help others grow, learn, build confidence, and develop new skills, then job coaching may be a great fit for you.
Who We Are:
Special Dreams Farm is a non-profit organization that serves special needs adults. We are a 31-acre working farm that provides meaningful work for those with special needs. For more information, please visit the “About Us” tab above.
Farmers attend the program at Special Dreams Farm from 9:30 AM-1:30 PM. While working at Special Dreams Farm, farmers must be accompanied by a job coach. While the program is held Monday-Friday, your assigned farmer may only attend a few of those days during the week. This is dependent on their schedule. Often times, transportation to and from Special Dreams Farm is needed for the farmer. So, a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are needed.
- Supervise and assist farmers in performing tasks at Special Dreams Farm
- Ensure farmer safety and well-being while performing tasks
- Accompany farmers at all times
- Encourage farmers to complete assigned tasks, assisting as needed, but not completing work for the farmer
- Be patient, kind, encouraging, and respectful to your assigned farmer
- Assist with physical tasks such as animal chores, loading/unloading firewood, splitting firewood, gardening, raking, and general farm work
- Assist with life skills tasks such as cooking, sewing, doing laundry, crafting, and cleaning
Special Dreams Farm strives to provide meaningful work for adults with special needs. Our goal is to help build confidence and life skills in a fun and supportive environment. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others. Kindness and compassion are of highest priority. Experience with special needs individuals, gardening, farm work, and animal care experience are a plus.
All interested candidates may contact our Program Director, Nancy Ulrich.